The International Fund for Slavic Literature and Culture was opened in March 1989. This is a public association, which was created by a group of Russian cultural figures.
In 1992, the state authorities have allocated for the fund historic building now serving. It is a monument of architecture, urban aristocratic manor house, built at the junction of XVII-XVIII centuries the captain of the Life Guards regiment Vasily Timofeyevich Rzhevsky. Later, the estate owned by the representatives of the merchant class, and in the early twentieth century in the house opened a gymnasium, which lasted until 1917.
Now the building of the International Fund for Slavic Literature and Culture exhibitions, concerts of classical and folk music, art song, meetings with cultural figures, press conference, fairs Orthodox books and other social events.